JBL BAR 500 Sound Bar 5.1 Channel Dolby Atmos
Before using this product, read the safety sheet carefully.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
TV (HDMI ARC)
TV (HDMI eARC)
POWER AND REMOTE BATTERY
Optimize your 3D surround sound experience for your unique listening environment.
On an Android™ or iOS device, add the soundbar to your home Wi-Fi network through the JBL One app. Follow the app instructions to complete the setup.
- Some features require subscriptions or services not available in all countries.
- Model: BAR 500 (soundbar unit) BAR 500 SUB (subwoofer unit)
- Sound system: 5.1 channel
- Power supply: 100 – 240V AC, ~ 50/60Hz
- Total speaker power output (Max @THD 1%): 590W
- Soundbar output power (Max @THD 1%): 290W
- Subwoofer output power (Max. @THD 1%): 300W
- Soundbar transducer: 4x (46×90)mm racetrack drivers, 3x 0.75” (20mm) tweeters
- Subwoofer transducer: 10” (260mm)
- Networked standby power: < 2.0 W
- Operating temperature: 0 °C – 45 °C
- HDMI video input: 1
- HDMI video output (with Enhanced Audio Return Channel, eARC): 1
- HDMI HDCP version: 2.3
- HDR pass-through: HDR10, Dolby Vision
- Frequency response: 35Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Audio inputs: 1 Optical, Bluetooth, and USB (USB playback is available in the US version. For other versions, USB is for Service only.)
USB specification (Audio playback is for the US version only)
- USB port: Type A
- USB rating: 5V DC, 0.5A
- Supporting ﬁle formats: mp3
- MP3 codec: MPEG 1 Layer 2/3, MPEG 2 Layer 3, MPEG 2.5 Layer 3
- MP3 sampling rate: 16 – 48 kHz
- MP3 bitrate: 80 – 320 kpbs
- Bluetooth version: 5.0
- Bluetooth proﬁle: A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.5
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2400 MHz – 2483.5 MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: <15 dBm (EIRP)
- Wi-Fi network: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- 2.4G Wi-Fi transmitter frequency range: 2412 – 2472 MHz (2.4 GHz ISM Band, USA 11 Channels, Europe and others 13 Channels)
- 2.4G Wi-Fi transmitter power: < 20 dBm (EIRP)
- 5G Wi-Fi transmitter frequency range: 5.15 – 5.35GHz, 5.470 – 5.725GHz, 5.725 – 5.825GHz
- 5G Wi-Fi transmitter power: 5.15 – 5.25GHz <23dBm, 5.25 – 5.35GHz & 5.470 – 5.725GHz <20dBm, 5.725 – 5.825GHz <14dBm (EIRP)
- 2.4G wireless transmitter frequency range: 2406 – 2474 MHz
- 2.4G wireless transmitter power: <10 dBm (EIRP)
- Soundbar dimensions (W x H x D): 1017 x 56 x 103.5 mm / 40” x 2.2” x 4”
- Subwoofer dimensions (W x H x D): 305 x 440.4 x 305 mm / 12” x 17.3” x 12”
- Soundbar weight: 2.8kg / 6.2 lbs
- Subwoofer weight: 10 kg / 22 lbs
- Packaging dimensions (W x H x D): 1105 x 370 x 475 mm / 43.5” x 14.6” x 18.7”
- Packaging Weight: 16.2 kg / 35.6 lbs
Information on power consumption
This equipment complies with European Commission Regulation (EC) No 1275/2008 and (EU) No 801/2013.
- Oﬀ: N/A
- Standby (when all wireless connections are deactivated): < 0.5 W
- Networked standby for Soundbar: < 2.0 W
The period of time after which the power management function switches the equipment automatically into:
|Standby||When all wired ports are disconnected and all wireless network connections are deactivated||Switched to standby mode after 10 minutes.|
|Networked standby||When any wireless network connection is activated||Switched to networked standby mode after 10 minutes of inactivity in operational mode|
If this equipment has wireless network connections:
How to activate wireless network connections:
- Set up the equipment properly;
- Switch into wireless mode (Bluetooth, Chromecast built-in™, AirPlay 2 casting audio, Alexa Multi-Room Music & etc);
- Connect with energy-using products (e.g. players/ game consoles/ STB (Set-Top Boxes)/ phones/ tablets /PCs).
How to deactivate wireless network connections:
- Press and hold on the remote control for more than 5 seconds first;
- Then long press the remote control for more than 5 seconds.
FCC RF Radiation Exposure Statement Caution: To maintain compliance with the FCC’s RF exposure guidelines, place the product at least 20cm from nearby persons.
This device is restricted to indoor use when operating in the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range in the following countries:
Belgium (BE), Greece (EL), Lithuania (LT), Portugal (PT), Bulgaria (BG), Spain (ES), Luxembourg (LU), Romania (RO), Czech Republic (CZ), France (FR), Hungary (HU), Slovenia (SI), Denmark (DK), Croatia (HR), Malta (MT), Slovakia (SK), Germany (DE), Italy (IT), Netherlands (NL), Finland (FI), Estonia (EE), Cyprus (CY), Austria (AT), Sweden (SE), Ireland (IE), Latvia (LV), Poland (PL) and Northern Ireland (UK).
This product contains open-source software licensed under GPL. For your convenience, the source code and relevant build instructions are also available at
Please feel free to contact us at:
Harman Deutschland GmbH
ATT: Open Source, Gregor Krapf-Gunther, Parkring 3 85748 Garching bei Munchen, Germany or_OpenSourceSupport@Harman.com_if you have additional questions regarding the open source software in the product.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI trade dress and HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ and the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ Logo are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
Dolby, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Confidential unpublished works. Copyright © 2012–2021 Dolby Laboratories. All rights reserved.
Google, Android, Google Play, and Chromecast built-in are trademarks of Google LLC.
Use of the Works with Apple badge means that an accessory has been designed to work specifically with the technology identified in the badge and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
To control this AirPlay 2–enabled speaker, iOS 13.4 or later is required.
Amazon, Alexa, and all related marks are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Use your phone, tablet or computer as a remote control for Spotify. Go to spotify.com/connect to learn how. The Spotify Software is subject to third-party licenses found here: https://www.spotify.com/connect/third-party-licenses.
Documents / Resources
|JBL BAR 500 Sound Bar 5.1 Channel Dolby Atmos [pdf] User Guide|
BAR 500 Sound Bar 5.1 Channel Dolby Atmos, BAR 500, Sound Bar 5.1 Channel Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Channel Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos
- Spotify - Connect
- Anatel — Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações
- Third Party Licenses | Spotify for Developers
- User Manual